The 2013 SRR Winter Grand Prix series is a chance to compete with your fellow club members in speed, participation and, of course, bragging rights. Prizes will be awarded to those that have completed at least 3 of the 5 races, with an additional award if you complete all five. We will also be awarding prizes to the top two age group winners in each category, along with the top three overall men's and women's winners.
Scoring for the 2013 Series will work as follows:
Registering for the races:
- Men & Women will be scored separately
- Overall Points will be awarded based on participation and place - ex. 50 SRR women participate and you finish first of those 50 women, you get 50 points.
- Age Group Points will be awarded separately, based on place - ex. 5 Men's 50-59 participate and if you finish first of those Men's 50-59, you get 5 points.
- Top three overall winners for men and women will be excluded from the age group prizes (i.e. no double dipping)
- Ensure that you have renewed your 2013 SRR membership. If you're unsure, please e-mail Kathy Hynes .
- Please register with the name you've provided for your 2013 SRR Membership. We look up SRR folks in the race results based on their current membership name.
- You MUST be a current member on race day. For the Winter Classic, results are checked against 2012 members as of 12/9. For Run Your Hangover Off, results are checked against 2013 members as of 1/1. Etc.
2013 Races (NOTE - if a Team Competition is offered for any race, select Somerville Road Runners):
- December: Winter Classic 5K – Sunday, December 9th
- January: 10th Annual Run Your Hangover Off – Tuesday, January 1st
- February: Super 5K Lowell MA – Sunday, February 3rd
- March: Black Cat 10-Miler, Salem MA – Saturday, March 2nd
- April: James Joyce Ramble, Dedham MA – Sunday, April 28th
• FINAL STANDINGS - GENDER
• FINAL STANDINGS - AGE GROUP