The 2014-15 SRR Winter Grand Prix series is a chance to compete with your fellow club members in speed, participation and, of course, bragging rights.
Run at least 5 of the 6 races to receive the five-race prize
Run at least 3 of the 6 races to receive the three-race prize
Volunteering for a race will earn you one point and credit as having run the race.
- Men & Women will be scored separately
- Overall Points will be awarded based on participation and place - ex. 50 SRR women participate and you finish first of those 50 women, you get 50 points.
- Age Group Points will be awarded separately, based on place - ex. 5 Men's 50-59 participate and if you finish first of those Men's 50-59, you get 5 points.
- Top three overall winners for men and women will be excluded from the age group prizes (i.e. no double dipping)
Top three Male and Female, and 1st place of each age group, receive the competition prizes. You must run at least three races to receive a prize.
If the race has a team competition, you cannot be on a team other than “Somerville Road Runners” and receive points toward the Grand Prix for that race.
Thanks to everyone who completed the survey and gave suggestions for possible races. Also thanks to the board for their consultation and final approval of the slate. *(tentative pending the release of the USATF Grand Prix slates)
- December 14 – Yulefest 5K, Cambridge MA
- January 18 – Lazy Dog 3 Miler, Lynn MA
- February 1 – Super Sunday 5 Miler, Cambridge MA
- March 15 – New Bedford Half Marathon, New Bedford MA
- April 4 – Shifters 5K, Waltham MA
- May 10 – MOM's Run 5K, Somerville MA
Any questions, feel free to email me!
SRR Grand Prix Coordinator