The 2014 SRR Winter Grand Prix series is a chance to compete with your fellow club members in speed, participation and, of course, bragging rights. Prizes will be awarded to those that have completed at least 3 of the 5 races, with an additional award if you complete all five. We will also be awarding prizes to the top two age group winners in each category, along with the top three overall men's and women's winners.
Scoring for the 2014 Series will work as follows:
Registering for the races:
- Men & Women will be scored separately
- Overall Points will be awarded based on participation and place - ex. 50 SRR women participate and you finish first of those 50 women, you get 50 points.
- Age Group Points will be awarded separately, based on place - ex. 5 Men's 50-59 participate and if you finish first of those Men's 50-59, you get 5 points.
- Top three overall winners for men and women will be excluded from the age group prizes (i.e. no double dipping)
- Ensure that you have renewed your 2014 SRR membership. If you're unsure, please e-mail Kathy Hynes .
- Please register with the name you've provided for your 2014 SRR Membership. We look up SRR folks in the race results based on their current membership name.
- You MUST be a current member on race day. For the SBCA 5K Road Race, results are checked against 2013 members as of 12/7. 5K Resolution Run to Kick Cancer, results are checked against 2014 members as of 1/1, etc.
2014 Races (NOTE - if a Team Competition is offered for any race, please select Somerville Road Runners):
- December: SBCA 5K Road Race– Saturday, December 7th
- January: 5K Resolution Run to Kick Cancer– Saturday, January 4th
- February: Super 5K Lowell MA – Sunday, February 2nd
- March: Paddy's 5 Miler, Portsmouth NH – Sunday, March 16th
- April: Spring Classic 5K, Cambridge MA – Sunday, April 27th
• 2013 FINAL STANDINGS - GENDER
• 2013 FINAL STANDINGS - AGE GROUP