Cambridge Running Club were champions of the Challenge Cup 2012 (the prestigious symbol of the fastest running club in New England!) and they're ready to defend their crown. Somerville Road Runners, the previous holders of the title, are eager to get on the track and win it back. Can your running club beat CRC? (2:17:44) It will take 26 of your finest and fittest runners...
- State of the art track
- Leader board during entire race
- Play-by-play announcing
- Participation in a unique running event!
- Plenty of refreshments & pizza provided!
- Restrooms and changing facilities (no showers)
- Bring your team's tent & banner to set up along home straight!
- NEW - Official Post-Race Party at The Pub in Ball Square - within walking distance of the Tufts Track!
- Prestigious Challenge Cups to top three teams
- Medals to all runners on winning team
- Prize to fastest female and male in each age category: 18-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70+
- $50 cash prize to female and/or male who establishes new overall mile record
- Women: Allison McCabe 5:00* (*Set in 2012 - old record - Amanda Brewster– 5:08)
- Men: Lee Danforth – 4:30
- Team: CRC - 2:17:44* (*Set in 2012 - old record - SRR – 2:19:29)
RULES FOR THE RELAY
- 26 one mile legs preceded by a speed leg (to be run by any participating team member)
- No less than 10 legs must be run by women
- All runners must be bona fide member of the participating club
- All runners must sign a release form to participate
- Teams can place runners in any order
- Teams must have a minimum of 24 runners
- Teams short of 26 runners can double up on the necessary legs. However to prevent an unfair advantage, the runners doubling up must be one of the team's slowest runners. (to be agreed upon by the team captain and race director on race day)
- Baton must be passed from runner to runner
- Each team will be responsible for timing the legs of their own team and reporting them to the nearby scorer's table for placement on the leader board. This can best be done by having two members record alternating legs
- Each team will elect a team captain who is responsible for gathering entries, positioning the runners, and assigning timekeepers for their team. The captains are crucial to this race and do a great job every year!
- Clubs can enter multiple relays, but runners can only run on one of the relays (cannot run a leg for multiple teams)
Team entry deadline June 14, 2013**
ENTRY FEE $250/team (i.e. $10/runner & captain runs free)
Team Captain, Register here!
SRR members: follow this link to be assigned to a team and indicate if you'd like to volunteer! Once we have enough club members for multiple teams, we'll have captains submit the team name so you can sign up.
2012 FULL RESULTS
2011 FULL RESULTS (including individual splits)
2010 FULL RESULTS (including individual splits)
If your club is just a few legs short to field a full squad (or have a few extra runners), please contact the race director. In year's past, we have put together a "unified team" from participating clubs in order to have everyone who wants to participate be able to run!
Hope to see you on June 22nd!
SRR 26x1 Race Committee: