UPDATE: (November 28) We are pleased to announce 83% of the SRR Winter Grand Prix Race Series Schedule:
- Race 1 - Cambridge 5k YuleFest, Cambridge MA (12.10.17)
- Race 2 - Wicked Frosty 4 Miler (11th Annual), Salem MA (Jan 22)
- Race 3 - Super Sunday 5 miler (not the 5k), Cambridge MA (02.04.18)
- Race 4 - New Bedford Half Marathon, New Bedford MA (03.18.18)
- Race 5 - James Joyce Ramble 10k, Dedham MA (04.09.18)
- Race 6 - Run to Remember 5 Miler, Boston MA (05.27.18)
- Race 7 - 26x1 Mile Club Challenge Relay (1 Mile), Medford MA (June 2018)
- Race 8 - Summer Classic 5k, Cambridge MA (July 2018)
- Race 9 - Race to the Row 5k, Somerville, MA (August 2018)
- Race 10 - Lone Gull 10k, Gloucester MA (September 2018)
If anyone needs a ride to the non-local races, please let us know or make an announcement on Facebook (SRR) or Google Groups (SRR).
Scoring - This year we will continue with last year's Tom/Tom scoring system. For a detailed description click here to see our Google doc outlining the revised scoring system (and rules listed below).
2017-2018 Grand Prix Rules:
- For each participant, the best of 8 races will count towards the final standings you must run a minimum of 6 races to compete for Age Group awards.
- Your age as of the first race on December 10th, 2017 will be the age and age group for the remainder of the Grand Prix. Those who turned 20,30, 40 and 50 before this date will be in their new age groups.
- Prize Structure will Award those who finish 6 and 8 races. Top 3 Overall and Top 3 Age Group winners will be awarded as well.
- Some of the races offer multiple distances - only the race distance stated on the GP list will count towards your Grand Prix points. Please make sure you sign up for the correct distance.
- To promote volunteering at our SRR races (26x1 & R2R), +5 points will be awarded to those who volunteer... if you run and volunteer only your race points are calculated.
Tim Blanchard and Victor Gonzalez
12/10 @ 9:30am - Yulefest 5K, Cambridge MA
1/1 @ 10am - Wicked Forsty 4 miler, Salem MA
2/4 @ 10am - Super Sunday 5 Miler, Cambridge MA
3/18 @ 11am - New Bedford Half Marathon, New Bedford, MA
4/29 @ 11am - James Joynce Ramble, Dedham, MA
5/27 @ 7am - Boston Run to Remember, Boston, MA
TBD - 26x1 Relay, Somerville, MA
TBD - Summer Classic 5k,, Cambridge, MA
TBD - Race to the Row 5k, Somerville, MA
TBD - Lone Gull 10k, Gloucester, MA
Questions? Please e-mail us directly.
Good luck and HAVE FUN!!